Thursday, January 20, 2011

Singing the classics...

Yesterday, I pulled out my Italian Songs and Arias book.  Popped the CD into the player and started singing songs that I performed in college. I'm now 34, that's been 12-14 years ago.  Its amazing that when the accompaniment to Le Violette begun, I felt transported back in time, to the North Georgia College music department stage. Every word, pronunciation, breath, crescendo, decrescendo, rest....it all came back!
I sang and sang and sang through every song I had ever learned: Caro Mio Ben, Sebben Crudele, Nel Cor Piu Non Mi Sento, and many more.
My voice has definitely changed.  My range is smaller, not as practiced as it once was. My breath volume has increased and my tone has matured. My singing passion has changed....so many other things to be passionate about.
But what an experience it was, remembering all the excitement of taking the stage and performing for my parents and then boyfriend Charles, now husband.  It was awesome.
I think I'm going to have to pull that book out more often. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment