Sunday, August 28, 2011

Guess who's back, back again!

Well, this is the year that all 4 kids are in school. Amazing.
But now, what to do?

I am back in the music classroom as a long term sub at a local elementary school!

It's kindergarten through 6th grade. Where to start? The regular teacher is on maternity leave, and hasn't had time to set up the classroom or her grade book yet, so I'll start there. :) Next, I'd better get crackin', because they called me with 24 hours notice! Here are my thoughts:

First day of school  priorities:

1. Set up classroom procedures (how to enter/exit classroom, classroom etiquette, etc.)
2. Songs. You have to sing on your first day of music!! But what songs to sing??? Hmm.. I'll have to think about that one. Where are my John Feierabend books?
3. Name Game. I've got alot of students' names to learn.
4. Music Trivia. Everyone likes to go home knowing something new.

That should do it.  I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment