Thursday, September 9, 2010

Start Preparing Your Young Pianist For Christmas

I know you must be thinking...Christmas???  Its way too early for Christmas music!  But trust me, now is the time to begin purchasing, learning and practicing the Christmas music so that your musician can have the pieces mastered and possibly memorized before the Christmas season.
Here are just a few venues that your young musician can share their Christmas piano pieces:
Grandparent's Visits
Church
School Concert
Piano Recital
Community Concert

If your teacher uses Faber's Piano Adventure series, then there are Christmas books in each level. While there is endless amounts of other Christmas piano music, these books are designed for your student's current level of performance.  This helps encourage more success! Can you think of a better Christmas gift than success?

1 comment:

  1. I am using the Adult Piano Adventures. Someone gave my piano teacher some older books that are not Farber, but there is a decent variety of Christmas music in them for me. Some I've already moved beyond, but still more is challenging for me. Because I am taking lessons from a Christian teacher (through my church)I am avoiding the more secular stuff (Up on the Housetop, Jingle Bells, etc). I'm aiming for a nice version of Silent Night and God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen!

    ReplyDelete